World crude steel production for 64 countries reporting to the World Steel Association (worldsteel) amounted to 150.2 million tons in February 2021, which is 4.1% more than in February 2020.
Estimated February 2021
- China produced 83.0 million tons, which is 10.9% more than in February 2020.
- India produced 9.1 million tonnes, down 3.1%.
- Japan produced 7.5 million tonnes, reducing production by 5.6%.
- The US produced 6.3 million tonnes, down 10.9%.
- Russia produced 5.7 million tons, which is 1.3% less than the same period last year.
South Korea produced an estimated 5.5 million tonnes, increasing production by 1.2%.
Germany produced 3.1 million tonnes, reducing steel production by 10.4%.
Turkey produced 3.0 million tons, increasing steel production by 5.9%.
Brazil produced 2.8 million tons, increasing output by 3.8%.
Iran produced 2.3 million tons, which is 11.5% more than in February last year.